Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Empire strikes back.........

Guess what.......a few days ago I received a letter from the Ministry of Health requesting that I stop using the letters MD after my name! a "member of the public" complained he or she was "misled into believing I was registered to practice conventional medicine in New Zealand".
I have always been clear and adamant that I AM NOT REGISTERED AS A CONVENTIONAL MEDICAL DOCTOR, GP OR OTHER, TO PRACTICE CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE IN NEW ZEALAND, neither do I want to.
My educated guess is that someone is trying to hurt my practice and unfortunately I have been able to limit the potential cretins who would like to do that to two "colleagues" from the natural medicine world and to one fraud I have exposed as such.
Of course the Ministry would not tell me who complained, the procedure is anonymous, perfect for gutless cowards.
It does not matter that I have earned the Doctor of Medicine degree in a prestigious University, that I am still able to practice in South Africa, in Israel and in the whole of the European Union should I want to (after paying my registrations fees), if one is not registered with the NZ Medical Authorities, it is illegal to use those initials.
I do not have the time or the money to fight that in court, so I decided it was indeed time to cut the residuals of my medical umbilical cord and to remove all the alphabet soup that I could list after my name (last time I tried, there were 3 full lines of letters) and to keep only the generic NMD, Natural Medicine Doctor, which after all covers everything I do.
My past eduction and my knowledge cannot be taken away, and I will still use them for the good of my patients.
So here you have it, if you read this blog (and for the authorities who might monitor it....), you won that skirmish but in fact you made me stronger inasmuch as there is no more lingering or longing for a way of medical practice that I am not using any more, at least the therapeutic aspect.
I must add, in all honesty, that the communication with the Ministry was courteous and polite, and although I did not enjoy this event, I appreciated the way it was handled (Yes Minister, Kiss Kiss Minister, Whatever you say Minister, Two bags full Minister......).

Here is my new signature:

Dr. J Rozencwajg, NMD.......without the alphabet soup......

No comments: